Public Speaking and Presentation Design
In this hands on workshop you'll learn how to:
- In this hands on workshop you'll learn how to:
- overcome your fears and become a confidant public speaker
- engage and interact with your audience with or without digital tools
- clearly and effectively articulate your point of view
- how to deliver a pitch
- turn your ideas into stories that captivate and resonate with audiences
- research and content curation skills
- strategies for different types of presentations (debate, ted talk, presentation)
Mike Summers, Vice President for Global Talent Management at Dell Computers, recently said, “We are routinely surprised at the difficulty some young people have in communicating: verbal skills, written skills, presentation skills. Being able to effectively articulate your thoughts and ideas is a key skill in today's economy. In addition to speaking, many students are not familiar with how to design slides that complement and enhance their ideas and often fall into the PPT trap of bullets and bored audiences.
During the course of six weeks, students will be equipped with the tools they need to overcome public speaking fears, be effective future leaders armed with the skills to articulate their ideas and arguments and captivate audiences.